2024 Residential IECC NBI Public Comments
New Buildings Institute has submitted public comments on the 2024 IECC Public Comment Draft #1. The proposed public comments cover a wide range of measures and improve the code by adding additional efficiency, clarifying requirements, and creating greater flexibility for code users and local jurisdictions.
Public Comment drafts submitted by NBI into the ICC process to advance the Residential 2024 IECC
- Biomass Waste
- Efficient Appliances Option (R408)
- Efficient HVAC Equipment Efficiency Option (R408)
- Electric Readiness for Space Heating Option (R408)
- Renewable Energy Contract Length
- Renewable Energy Resources
- Solar-Ready System (R103.2.2)
- Substantial Energy Alteration
- Total Building Thermal Envelope UA (R405.2)
A sign on letter will also be submitted on Friday, December 16, 2022, supporting electrification measures in the 2024 IECC Public Draft #1. Please let us know by email if you would like to sign on to this letter.
Learn more about the 2024 IECC and how to comment, NBI has developed a number of resources to help.
Sign up for updates to come directly to your inbox at Codes for Climate.