In the fourth episode of our series of NBI staff discussing papers presented at the 2022 ACEEE Summer Study, we talk with NBI Senior Project Manager, Webly Bowles and Kim Cullinane of Eversource about the shift taking place within utility green building programs to incentivize builders to achieve greenhouse gas reductions, in addition to energy efficiency.
Webly and Kim co-authored the paper Energy vs. Carbon: Jurisdictions and Utilities Align Metrics, which looked at two case studies – one in Texas and one in Massachusetts – that offered helpful insights into key strategies that result in zero energy and carbon neutral buildings. It’s a useful guide for utilities seeking to align their green building programs with the climate goals of the government where they operate.
Read the full paper
The paper was co-authored by:
Rohini Srivastava, ACEEE
Webly Bowles, NBI
Kimberly Cullinane, Eversource
Sarah Talkington, Austin Energy
Topics Mentioned in this Podcast:
- Austin Climate Equity Plan
- Austin Energy Green Building Plan
- Eversource Carbon Neutrality Statement
- An Insider’s Guide to Talking about Carbon Neutral Buildings
For more information, please visit:
- NBI Blog: Utility Administrators Share Expertise on Zero Energy Programs
- SEPA Utility Carbon-Reduction Tracker
Interested in learning more about building decarbonization efforts? Find more NBI podcasts here.