Publiched by Michigan Business Network: Building more energy-efficient homes and businesses across Michigan is cost-effective, will improve the health and safety of Michigan residents, and create new jobs, a group of industry, health, and environmental organizations said today.
The organizations sent a letter to the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs’ Bureau of Construction Codes urging it to adopt the 2021 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) for both residential and commercial structures while requesting electric vehicle readiness be incorporated into the residential code.
The list of organizations sending the letter includes:
- DFD Architecture
- Ecology Center
- Michigan Clinicians for Climate Action
- Michigan Energy Innovation Business Council
- Michigan Environmental Council
- Michigan League of Conservation Voters
- Midwest Building Decarbonization Coalition
- Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance
- New Buildings Institute
- Passive House Institute US
- Sierra Club